American Indian Studies (AMIS), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2018-2019. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
John Chaney, Faculty contact, 116 NH , 405-744-6113, email@example.com
Anthony Valentine, Advisor, 213 LSE, 405-744-5658
Total Hours: 18 hours from at least three disciplines.
|AMIS 2013||Introduction to American Indian Studies (D)||3|
|Select 9 hours of the following:||9|
|Native American Entrepreneurship (D)|
|American Indian Sovereignty (D)|
|Native American Art and Material Culture|
|Native American Literature (DH)|
|Special Studies in Foreign Languages and Literatures (Mvskoke Language and Culture)|
|Geography of Indian Country (DS)|
|Native American History (DH)|
|The Religions of Native Americans (DH)|
|Select 6 additional hours from the list above or the following:||6|
|History of Latin American Art I|
|Women and Minority Entrepreneurship|
|Geography Of Oklahoma (S)|
|Historical Geography of North America since 1800 (H)|
|American Environmental History (H)|
|American Southwest (DH)|
|Managing Diversity in the Workplace (D)|
|Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination (D)|
|Racial and Ethnic Relations (DS)|
The following courses may be used with permission from the faculty coordinator:
|ENGL 3153||Readings in Literature by Women (DH)||3|
|ENGL 3813||Readings in the American Experience (DH)||3|
|HIST 3703||Oklahoma History||3|
|HIST 3753||Trans-Mississippi West (DH)||3|
|HIST 4453||History and Film (H)||3|
|HIST 4980||Topics in History||1-3|
|PSYC 4880||Senior Honors Thesis||1-6|
|PSYC 4990||Research Practicum||1-6|
- 12 hours must be upper-division.
- No grade below "C."
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.