Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2018-2019. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.00
Total Hours: 120
|General Education Requirements|
|See Academic Regulation 3.5|
|ENGL 1113||Composition I||3|
|or ENGL 1313||Critical Analysis and Writing I|
|ENGL 1213||Composition II||3|
|or ENGL 1413||Critical Analysis and Writing II|
|American History & Government|
|HIST 1103||Survey of American History||3|
|POLS 1113||American Government||3|
|Analytical & Quantitative Thought (A)|
|MATH 1483||Mathematical Functions and Their Uses (A)||3|
|or MATH 1513||College Algebra (A)|
|Courses designated (H)||6|
|Natural Sciences (N)|
|Must include one Laboratory Science (L) course|
|Courses designated (N) with one (L)||7|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences (S)|
|Course designated (S)||3|
|Additional General Education|
|MATH 2103||Business Calculus (A) 1||3|
|MGMT 3013||Fundamentals of Management (S) 1,2||3|
|MKTG 3213||Marketing (S) 1,2||3|
|Diversity (D) & International Dimension (I)|
|May be completed in any part of the degree plan|
|At least one Diversity (D) course|
|At least one International Dimension (I) course|
|Business Freshman Seminar|
|BADM 1111||Business First Year Seminar||1|
|Career Planning for Business Success|
|BADM 2111||Career Planning for Business Success 1||1|
|Professional Development for Business Development|
|BADM 3111||Professional Development for Business Success 1||1|
|A minimum GPA of 2.00 is required for these 63 hours|
|Common Body 2|
|ACCT 2003||Survey of Accounting 1||3|
|BADM 3113||Interpersonal Skills 1||3|
|ECON 2003||Microeconomic Principles for Business 1||3|
|EEE 2023||Introduction to Entrepreneurship||3|
|LSB 3213||Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business||3|
|MGMT 4513||Strategic Management||3|
|MSIS 2103||Business Data Science Technologies||3|
|MSIS 3223||Operation Analytics||3|
|A GPA of 2.00 is required in these 36 hours of Marketing Major Requirements|
|18 of these 36 hours must be in residence at OSU|
|MKTG 3323||Consumer and Market Behavior||3|
|MKTG 3653||Marketing Analytics||3|
|MKTG 4333||Marketing Research||3|
|MKTG 4683||Managerial Strategies in Marketing||3|
|or MKTG 4693||Marketing Strategy and Customer-Employee Interactions|
|Select 12 hours of upper-division marketing electives.||12|
|Select an additional 12 hours of upper-division courses from any field in the Spears School of Business.||12|
|Select 14 hours||14|
|May be selected from any upper- or lower-division area except activity courses in LEIS and PE and lower-division AERO and MLSC. Twelve credit hours earned in advanced AERO and MLSC, exclusive of credit earned for summer camp, may be included in the 120 hours.|
Courses also meet College and Departmental Requirements and cannot be waived with an Associate’s degree.
- A minimum of 50 percent of the business hours required for a degree must be in residence at OSU.
- Forty-five hours of upper division courses required.
Additional State/OSU Requirements
- At least: 60 hours at a four-year institution; 30 hours completed at OSU; 15 of the final 30 and 50% of the upper-division hours in the major field completed at OSU.
- Limit of: one-half of major course requirements as transfer work; one-fourth of hours earned by correspondence; 8 transfer correspondence hours.
- Students will be held responsible for degree requirements in effect at the time of matriculation and any changes that are made, so long as these changes do not result in semester credit hours being added or do not delay graduation.
- Degrees that follow this plan must be completed by the end of Summer 2024.