Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, PhD
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2019-2020. Learn more about Graduate College Academic Regulation 7.0.
Total Hours: 60 Hours (Beyond the Master's Degree)
|Select 24 hours of 5000- and 6000-level coursework beyond the Master's degree. 1||24|
|MAE 6000 (Offered for variable credit, 1-15 credit hours, maximum of 42 credit hours.)||29|
|Select 6 approved hours||6|
|MAE 6010||Advanced Study 2||1|
MAE PhD students are not permitted to count any 4000-level coursework on their Plan of Study without approval from your advisor and the MAE Graduate Coordinator.
To be taken the same semester as the Preliminary Examination in order to be assigned a letter grade.
General Graduate College Requirements
- A minimum Grade-Point-Average of 3.00 is required
- A minimum Grade of "C" is required in all degree applicable courses
- No courses utilizing the Pass-No Pass grading system are permitted
- GRAD 5082 or GRAD 5092 may not be used to meet degree requirements
Additional Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.) Requirements
- 90 credits beyond the Bachelor's degree, 60 credits beyond the Master's degree are required
- At least seventy-five percent of coursework on the Plan of Study must include 5000 and 6000 level courses
- A minimum of 15 hours at the 6000 level with a grade of SR for the doctoral dissertation must be complete. The maximum number of dissertation hours (6000 with a grade of SR) permissible on a Plan of Study must not exceed three-fourths of the total credit hours in the approved graduate degree program
- Credit for all courses on a graduate Plan of Study must have been awarded within 10 years of completion of all degree requirements
- A minimum of 30 in-residence credit hours are required
- Non-Course requirements:
- Doctoral Candidacy
- Dissertation Defense
- Dissertation Submission/Approval