Microbiology (MICR), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2018-2019. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Dana Hatter, 406 LSE, 405-744-1387
Minimum Grade Point Average in Minor Coursework: 2.00 with no grade below "C."
Total Hours: 15 hours
|MICR 2123||Introduction to Microbiology 1||3|
|MICR 2132||Introduction to Microbiology Laboratory 1||2|
|MICR 3223||Advanced Microbiology||3|
|Select 7 hours upper-division microbiology courses (excluding MICR 3103)||7|
Minimum grade of "C" prior to declaration of minor.
- Zero-ending courses allowed with departmental approval.
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.