Spanish (SPAN), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2023-2024. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Anthony Valentine, 213 LSE, 405-744-5658
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.50
Total Hours: 24
The completion of all lower-division coursework or its equivalent in same language to be followed by:
|Language Sequence Requirements|
|SPAN 1713||Elementary Spanish I||3|
|SPAN 1813||Elementary Spanish II||3|
|SPAN 2713||Intermediate Spanish||3|
|SPAN 2723||Intermediate Hispanic Culture and Media||3|
|SPAN 2813||Intermediate Reading and Conversation||3|
|SPAN 2823||Intermediate Composition and Grammar||3|
|Selet six hours from the following:||6|
|Introduction to Literatures and Cultures in Spanish|
|Literature of Medieval and Early Modern Spain|
|Literature of Spain from 1700 to the Present|
|Early Latin American Literature|
|Modern and Contemporary Latin American Literature|
|Advanced Grammar and Composition|
|Spanish for Healthcare Professionals|
|Introduction to Hispanic Linguistics|
|Spanish Phonetics and Phonology|
|Short Novels in Hispanic Literature|
|Spain and Islam|
|Short Stories in Hispanic Literature|
|Contemporary Hispanic Literature|
|Masterpieces of Hispanic Literature I|
|Masterpieces of Hispanic Literature II|
|Culture and Civilization of Spain|
|Culture and Civilization of Latin America|
|History of the Spanish Language|
|Seminar in Spanish|
|Topics in Spanish|
- No grade below "C" in all upper-division courses
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.