Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2017-2018. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.00
Total Hours: 154
|General Education Requirements|
|All General Education coursework requirements are satisfied upon completion of this degree plan|
|See Academic Regulation 3.5|
|ENGL 1113||Composition I 1||3|
|or ENGL 1313||Critical Analysis and Writing I|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Critical Analysis and Writing II|
|American History & Government|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Survey of American History|
|American History to 1865|
|American History Since 1865|
|POLS 1113||American Government||3|
|Analytical & Quantitative Thought (A)|
|MATH 2144||Calculus I (A) 1||4|
|ENSC 2113||Statics 1||3|
|ARCH 2003||Architecture and Society (HI)||3|
|Select 3 hours ARCH history designated (H)||3|
|Natural Sciences (N)|
|Must include one Laboratory Science (L) course|
|PHYS 1114||General Physics (LN) 1||4|
|or PHYS 2014||General Physics (LN)|
|Select 3 hours designated (N)||3|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences (S)|
|Courses designated (S)|
|Select 3 hours lower division||3|
|Select 3 hours upper division||3|
|Additional General Education|
|Courses Designated (A), (H), (N), or (S)||3|
|Diversity (D) & International Dimension (I)|
|May be completed in any part of the degree plan|
|At least one Diversity (D) course|
|At least one International Dimension (I) course|
|ARCH 1112||Introduction to Architecture 1||2|
|ARCH 1216||Architectural Design Studio I 1||6|
|ARCH 2116||Architectural Design Studio II 1||6|
|ARCH 2216||Architectural Design Studio III 1||6|
|ARCH 2263||Building Systems 1||3|
|ARCH 3116||Architectural Design Studio IV||6|
|ARCH 3134||Architectural Science I: Thermal Systems and Life Safety||4|
|ARCH 3216||Architectural Design Studio V||6|
|ARCH 3223||Structures: Timbers||3|
|ARCH 3252||Computer Applications in Architecture I||2|
|ARCH 3262||Computer Applications in Architecture II||2|
|ARCH 3263||Materials In Architecture||3|
|ARCH 3323||Structures: Steel I||3|
|ARCH 3433||Architectural Science II: Acoustics and Lighting||3|
|ARCH 4093||Architectural Project Management||3|
|ARCH 4116||Design Studio VI||6|
|ARCH 4123||Structures: Concrete I||3|
|ARCH 4216||Architectural Design Studio VII||6|
|ARCH 4263||Architecture Seminar||3|
|ARCH 4374||International Field Study||4|
|ARCH 5117||Architectural Design Studio VIII||7|
|ARCH 5193||Management of Architectural Practice||3|
|Select ARCH Electives||6|
|ARCH 2203||History and Theory of Architecture Since 1900||3|
|Select 3 hours ARCH History||3|
|Must be selected from the course list available in the School of Architecture|
|Select 11 credit hours of restricted electives||11|
Courses that must be completed prior to admission to professional school.
Admission to Professional School (required)
- Refer to the OSU Catalog corresponding to your matriculation date for detailed admissions requirements.
- A final grade of ‘C’ or better in all ARCH prefix courses, substitutions for ARCH prefix courses, and all non-ARCH prefix courses that are a prerequisite to an ARCH prefix course.
- The capstone course for Architecture majors is ARCH 5117 Architectural Design Studio VIII.
Additional State/OSU Requirements
- At least: 60 hours at a four-year institution; 30 hours completed at OSU; 15 of the final 30 or 50% of the upper-division hours in the major field completed at OSU.
- Limit of: one-half of major course requirements as transfer work; one-fourth of hours earned by correspondence; 8 transfer correspondence hours.
- Students will be held responsible for degree requirements in effect at the time of matriculation and any changes that are made, so long as these changes do not result in semester credit hours being added or do not delay graduation.
- Degrees that follow this plan must be completed by the end of Summer 2023.