International Studies (INTL), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2023-2024. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Jami Fullerton, PhD, 405-744-6609, email@example.com
Total Hours: 18
|GS 2013||UN Sustainable Development Goals (I)||3|
|Any International Dimension Designated General Education Courses (I)||12|
|Students may choose courses from any International Dimension designated General Education Course. International Dimension designated courses help students understand cultures outside the United States and how they fit into the global community. Select 12 hours with no more than 6 hours from any one prefix.|
|Study Abroad/International Experience|
|Select 3 credit hours.||3|
|Each student must have an international experience. This will typically be in the form of a Study Abroad program, international internship, or Foreign Service Learning program.|
- Plus 6 hours of one foreign language or equivalent proficiency.
- Each student must complete the equivalent of 6 semester hours of foreign language (defined as a language that is not the student’s native language). Students with established proficiency may be exempted by examination. Information on examinations may be obtained from the Office of Testing and Evaluation or the Foreign Language Laboratory.
- International students are exempted from this requirement.
- Students may count language coursework taken to meet requirements for their major or other programs.
- American Sign Language and computer languages do not meet the foreign language requirement
- GPA of 2.0 in upper-division courses.
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.