Economics (ECBU), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2022-2023. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Chesapeake Energy Business Student Success Center, 155 Business Building, 405-744-2772
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.00
Total Hours: 27
For minors requiring 27 hours, 18 of the 27 hours must be taken in residence at OSU, and 6 of the 9 hours for the Specific Minor Area must be taken in residence at OSU. Students with majors outside of the SSB may find that some courses will have additional prerequisites. For minors with various required hours, please see specific minor.
|ACCT 2103||Financial Accounting||3|
|or ACCT 2003||Survey of Accounting|
|ECON 2103||Introduction to Microeconomics (S)||3|
|or ECON 2003||Microeconomic Principles for Business|
|ECON 2203||Introduction to Macroeconomics||3|
|Select 9 hours of upper-division economics||9|
|Select 9 hours of the following:||9|
|Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business|
|Fundamentals of Management (S)|
- Must have a 2.0 in the 15 hours of required economics courses.
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.