Construction Engineering Technology: Heavy, BSET
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2018-2019. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.00
Total Hours: 124
|General Education Requirements|
|All General Education coursework requirements are satisfied upon completion of this degree plan|
|See Academic Regulation 3.5|
|ENGL 1113||Composition I 1||3|
|or ENGL 1313||Critical Analysis and Writing I|
|ENGL 1213||Composition II||3|
|or ENGL 1413||Critical Analysis and Writing II|
|ENGL 3323||Technical Writing||3|
|American History & Government|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Survey of American History|
|American History to 1865|
|American History Since 1865|
|POLS 1113||American Government||3|
|Analytical & Quantitative Thought (A)|
|MATH 2123||Calculus for Technology Programs I (A) 1,2||3|
|MATH 2133||Calculus for Technology Programs II (A) 1||3|
|Courses designated (H)||6|
|Natural Sciences (N)|
|Must include one Laboratory Science (L) course.|
|PHYS 1114||College Physics I (LN) 2||4|
|PHYS 1214||College Physics II (LN) 2||4|
|Select 4 hours of Natural Science with N and L designations||4|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences (S)|
|Courses designated (S)||6|
|Diversity (D) & International Dimension (I)|
|May be completed in any part of the degree plan.|
|Select at least one Diversity (D) course|
|Select at least one International Dimension (I) course|
|CMT 1213||Introduction to Construction 1,2||3|
|CMT 2253||Printreading & BIM 1,2||3|
|CMT 2263||Estimating I 1,2||3|
|CMT 2352||Concrete Technology 1,2||2|
|CMT 2351||Concrete Technology Lab 1,2||1|
|ACCT 2103||Financial Accounting 1,2||3|
|EET 1003||Introduction to Microcomputer Programming 1||3|
|GENT 2323||Statics 1,2||3|
|SPCH 2713||Introduction to Speech Communication (S) 1||3|
|CMT 3273||Scheduling Construction Projects 2||3|
|CMT 3322||Construction Practicum I 2||2|
|CMT 3332||Construction Practicum II 2||2|
|CMT 3364||Structures I 2||4|
|CMT 3433||Principles of Site Development||3|
|CMT 3554||Structures II||4|
|CMT 4263||Estimating II 2||3|
|CMT 4283||Business Practices for Construction 2||3|
|CMT 4293||Construction Manager Concepts||3|
|CMT 4333||Equipment Management for Constructors||3|
|CMT 4443||Construction Safety and Loss Control||3|
|CMT 4533||Heavy Civil Construction and Estimating||3|
|CMT 4563||Construction Law and Insurance 2||3|
|CIVE 3614||Engineering Surveying 2||4|
|CMT 3323||Strength of Materials for Construction Managers 2||3|
|or GENT 3323||Strength of Materials|
|IEM 3513||Economic Decision Analysis||3|
|Select 6 hours of the following:||6|
|Architectural Science I: Thermal Systems and Life Safety|
|Construction Contracts and Specifications|
|Asphalt Materials and Mix Design|
|Environmental Building Systems|
|CAD and BIM for Construction Managers|
|Advanced Construction Management Problems|
|Technology in Construction|
|International Economic Relations (S)|
|Introduction to Entrepreneurial Thinking and Behavior|
|Growing Small and Family Ventures|
|Project Management for Entrepreneurship|
|Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business|
|Fundamentals of Management (S)|
|Human Resource Management|
|Labor Management Relations|
|Business Ethics (H)|
|Small Group Communication|
|Business and Professional Communication|
Complete all courses prior to admission to Upper Division (these courses are also listed on the Calculation Work Sheet of the CET Application to Upper Division form.
Achieve a grade of ‘C’ or better.
Admission to Upper Division (required)
- Refer to the OSU Catalog corresponding to your matriculation date and the Policy for Admission to the Upper Division of the Curriculum for CET for detailed admissions requirements.
- Complete a minimum of 60 credit hours (from the degree plan) prior to admission to Upper Division.
- Achieve a minimum Selection GPA (SGPA) of 3.05 (from the Calculation Work Sheet of the CET Application to Upper Division form).
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.30 is required in all courses with engineering and engineering technology prefixes.
- A grade of ‘C’ or better is required in each course that is a prerequisite to a required course that has an engineering or engineering technology prefix.
- Each student is required to sit for the American Institute of Constructors Level 1 – Associate Constructors Certification Exam.
Additional State/OSU Requirements
- At least: 60 hours at a four-year institution; 30 hours completed at OSU; 15 of the final 30 or 50% of the upper-division hours in the major field completed at OSU.
- Limit of: one-half of major course requirements as transfer work; one-fourth of hours earned by correspondence; 8 transfer correspondence hours.
- Students will be held responsible for degree requirements in effect at the time of matriculation and any changes that are made, so long as these changes do not result in semester credit hours being added or do not delay graduation.
- Degrees that follow this plan must be completed by the end of Summer 2024.