Management Information Systems (MIS), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2017-2018. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Business Student Services, 103 Business, 405-744-2772
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.00
Total Hours: 15 hours
For minors requiring 27 hours, 18 of the 27 hours must be taken in residence at OSU, and 6 of the 9 hours for the Specific Minor Area must be taken in residence at OSU. Students with majors outside of the SSB may find that some courses will have additional prerequisites. For minors with various required hours, please see specific minor.
|MSIS 2103||Business Computer Concepts and Applications||3|
|MSIS 2203||Computer Programming for Business||3|
|MSIS 3333||Database Systems Design, Management and Administration||3|
|Select 6 hours upper division MSIS excluding MSIS 3223||6|
- 12 of the 15 hours must be in residence at OSU.
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive, of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student’s declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following minor requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.