Nutritional Sciences (NSCI), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2022-2023. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Department of Nutritional Sciences, 301 Nancy Randolph Davis, 405-744-5040
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.50
Total Hours: 17
|NSCI 2114||Principles of Human Nutrition (N)||4|
|NSCI 3011||Nutrition and Evidence-based Practice I||1|
|NSCI 3021||Nutrition and Evidence-based Practice II||1|
|NSCI 3223||Nutrition Across the Life Span||3|
|NSCI 3543||Food and the Human Environment (IS)||3|
|Choose 5-6 Hours from Elective Courses||5|
|Nutrition in the Pathophysiology of Chronic Disease|
|Human Nutrition and Metabolism I|
|Nutrition for Exercise and Sport|
|Human Nutrition and Metabolism II|
|Principles of Nutrition Education and Behavior Change|
|Community Nutrition I|
|Community Nutrition II|
- Acceptance to the minor based upon cumulative graduation/retention GPA of 2.50.
- Minimum of "C" required in all minor courses.
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.