American Studies (AMST), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2021-2022. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Total Hours: 18
|AMST 3223||Theories and Methods of American Studies||3|
|Select 9 hours of additional AMST-prefix courses 1||9|
|Select 6 hours upper-division courses with a focus relevant to the field of American Studies approved by faculty coordinator||6|
6 hours of which must be upper-division.
- GPA of 2.5 with no grade below "C."
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.