Electrical Engineering, BSEE
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2017-2018. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.00
Total Hours: 123
|General Education Requirements|
|All General Education coursework requirements are satisfied upon completion of this degree plan|
|ENGL 1113||Composition I 1, 2||3|
|ENGL 3323||Technical Writing||3|
|American History & Government|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Survey of American History|
|American History to 1865|
|American History Since 1865|
|POLS 1113||American Government||3|
|Analytical & Quantitative Thought (A)|
|MATH 2144||Calculus I (A) 2||4|
|MATH 2153||Calculus II (A) 2||3|
|MATH 2163||Calculus III 2||3|
|Courses designated (H)||6|
|Natural Sciences (N)|
|Must include one Laboratory Science (L) course|
|CHEM 1414||General Chemistry for Engineers (LN) 2||4|
|or CHEM 1515||General Chemistry (LN)|
|PHYS 2014||General Physics (LN) 2||4|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences (S)|
|Course designated (S)||6|
|Diversity (D) & International Dimension (I)|
|May be completed in any part of the degree plan|
|Select at least one Diversity (D) course|
|Select at least one International Dimension (I) course|
|PHYS 2114||General Physics (LN) 2||4|
|PHYS 3313||Introduction to Semiconductor Device Physics||3|
|MATH 2233||Differential Equations 2||3|
|ENGR 1111||Introduction to Engineering 2||1|
|ENSC 2113||Statics 2||3|
|ENSC 3213||Computer Based Systems in Engineering 2||3|
|CS 1113||Computer Science I (A) 2||3|
|CS 2133||Computer Science II 2||3|
|or CS 2433||C/C++ Programming|
|Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|ECEN 2714||Fundamentals of Electric Circuits 2||4|
|ECEN 3233||Digital Logic Design 2||3|
|MATH 3013||Linear Algebra||3|
|Electrical & Computer Engineering 3|
|ECEN 3314||Electronic Devices and Applications||4|
|ECEN 3513||Signal Analysis||3|
|ECEN 3714||Network Analysis||4|
|ECEN 4013||Design of Engineering Systems||3|
|ECEN 4024||Capstone Design||4|
|ECEN 4503||Random Signals and Noise||3|
|Industrial Engineering & Management 3|
|IEM 3503||Engineering Economic Analysis||3|
|ECEN Junior Electives 3|
|Select two of the following based on combinations from the departmentally approved list, and with advisor approval:||6|
|Energy, Environment and Economics|
|Solid State Electronic Devices|
|ECEN Electives 3|
|Select five ECEN or other courses selected from combinations on the departmentally approved list, including optionally one or more courses listed, but not taken, from the ECEN Junior Elective list above, and with advisor approval||15|
|Select 3 hours of the following technical electives:||3|
|Strength of Materials|
Engineering courses 3000 level and above
Other courses such as MATH, CS, STAT, etc., may be approved by advisor
Courses that must be completed prior to admission to professional school.
A minimum GPA of 2.20 is required in all courses applied to Major Requirements.
Admission to Professional School (required)
- Refer to the OSU Catalog corresponding to your matriculation date for detailed admissions requirements.
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 is required in all courses applied to Major Requirements including ENGL 3323 Technical Writing, 3 hours of (S), and 6 hours of (H).
- The major engineering design experience, capstone course, is satisfied by ECEN 4013 Design of Engineering Systems and ECEN 4024 Capstone Design.
Additional State/OSU Requirements
- At least: 60 hours at a four-year institution; 30 hours completed at OSU; 15 of the final 30 or 50% of the upper-division hours in the major field completed at OSU.
- Limit of: one-half of major course requirements as transfer work; one-fourth of hours earned by correspondence; 8 transfer correspondence hours.
- Students will be held responsible for degree requirements in effect at the time of matriculation and any changes that are made, so long as these changes do not result in semester credit hours being added or do not delay graduation.
- Degrees that follow this plan must be completed by the end of Summer 2023.