Environmental Science, PhD
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2019-2020. Learn more about Graduate College Academic Regulation 7.0.
Total Hours: 60 Hours
|Combination of core courses and dissertation to total 60 hours.||60|
|Environmental Problem Analysis|
|Issues in Environmental Sustainability|
Select 3 approved hours of Natural or Physical Science courses.
Select 6 approved hours of skills courses.
Select an additional 21-30 approved hours.
General Graduate College Requirements
- A minimum Grade-Point-Average of 3.00 is required
- A minimum Grade of "C" is required in all degree applicable courses
- No courses utilizing the Pass-No Pass grading system are permitted
- GRAD 5082 or GRAD 5092 may not be used to meet degree requirements
Additional Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.) Requirements
- 90 credits beyond the Bachelor's degree, 60 credits beyond the Master's degree are required
- At least seventy-five percent of coursework on the Plan of Study must include 5000 and 6000 level courses
- A minimum of 15 hours at the 6000 level with a grade of SR for the doctoral dissertation must be complete. The maximum number of dissertation hours (6000 with a grade of SR) permissible on a Plan of Study must not exceed three-fourths of the total credit hours in the approved graduate degree program
- Credit for all courses on a graduate Plan of Study must have been awarded within 10 years of completion of all degree requirements
- A minimum of 30 in-residence credit hours are required
- Non-Course requirements:
- Doctoral Candidacy
- Dissertation Defense
- Dissertation Submission/Approval