German (GRMN), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2023-2024. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Anthony Valentine, 213 LSE, 405-744-5658
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.50
Total Hours: 24
The completion of all lower-division coursework or equivalent proficiency in same language to be followed by:
|Language Sequence Requirements
|Elementary German I
|Elementary German II
|Intermediate German (I)
|Intermediate German Skills I
|Reading and Conversation II
|Intermediate German Skills II (I)
|Select six hours from the following:
|German for Reading Requirements I
|German for Reading Requirements II
|Advanced Diction and Phonetics
|Orientation to Internship Abroad
|Advanced Conversation Skills
|Advanced Writing Skills
|German Literature and Culture in Translation (I)
|Survey of German Literature I
|Survey of German Literature II
|Backgrounds of Modern German Civilization
|The Age of Goethe
|19th Century German Literature and Culture
|Contemporary German Literature and Culture
|Special Topics in German
- No grade below "C" in all upper-division courses
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.