Wildlife Ecology (WLEC), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2023-2024. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Total Hours: 22
|NREM 3013||Applied Ecology and Conservation||3|
|NREM 3503||Principles of Wildlife Ecology and Management||3|
|PBIO 1404||Plant Biology (LN)||4|
|Select a minimum of 12 additional hours of the following:||12|
|Biology of Fishes|
|Applied Ecology Laboratory|
|Wildlife Management for Game Species|
|Wildlife Management for Biodiversity|
- A grade-point average of 2.0 for courses that count for the minor.
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.