Chinese (CHIN), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2022-2023. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Anthony Valentine, 213 LSE, 405-744-5658
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.50
Total Hours: 18
The completion of all lower-division coursework or equivalent proficiency in same language to be followed by:
|Language Sequence Requirements|
|CHIN 1713||Elementary Chinese I||3|
|CHIN 1813||Elementary Chinese II||3|
|CHIN 2713||Intermediate Chinese I||3|
|CHIN 2813||Intermediate Chinese II||3|
|CHIN 4713||Advanced Readings in Chinese||3|
|CHIN 4813||Advanced Chinese Conversation||3|
- No grade below "C" in all upper-division courses
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.