Construction (CNST), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2023-2024. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Total Hours: 17
|CET 1213||Introduction to Construction||3|
|CET 2253||Printreading & BIM||3|
|CET 2263||Estimating I||3|
|CET 3273||Scheduling Construction Projects||3|
|Choose 2 of the following: 1||5|
|Construction Practicum I 1|
|Soft Skills for Effective Interpersonal Communication (S)|
|Environmental Building Systems (Non-Majors)|
|CAD and BIM for Construction Managers|
|Construction Safety and Loss Control|
|Construction Law and Insurance|
If CET 3322 is not selected, the total hours required for the minor will be increased by one.
Minimum Grade Requirements
- 2.0 minimum grade requirement for minors to be awarded.
- "C" or better in CET 1213, CET 2253, CET 2263, and CET 3273.
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.