International Competency (INTC), Undergraduate Certificate
Total Hours: 15-30 Hours
This certificate provides students from any college or major with an opportunity for depth in a specific international region. All applicable courses that count toward the certificate, with the exception of the "International College Courses" area, MUST be specific to a single country or region. For approved requirement sheets, see the program contacts.
International College Courses: Complete three hours of upper-division coursework from the approved list for the certificate. This course will address general international issues within a discipline rather than within a specific region or country.
International Experience: Complete three hours of coursework that has a required travel component within the specified country or region.
General Education: Complete nine hours of approved Humanities (H) or Social and Behavioral Sciences (S) from the approved certificate list that focus on the specified country or region.
Language Proficiency: Demonstrate language proficiency in the primary language of the specified country or region by completing one of the following:
- Fifteen (15) hours of the appropriate foreign language sequence with a "C" or better in each course;
- Five (5) hours of intermediate or advanced coursework in the appropriate foreign language that requires at least the same competency level as completion of the first fifteen hours of the regular language sequence; or
- Pass an approved Oklahoma State University examination that demonstrates at least the same competency level as completion of the first fifteen hours of the regular language sequence.
For detailed and latest information on this program, please contact one of the following:
- School of International Studies, 107 Wes Watkins Center, 405-744-6606
- Dr. Marlys Mason, firstname.lastname@example.org, 201 Business, 405-744-5064