Merchandising (MERC), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2018-2019. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Department of Design, Housing and Merchandising, 431 HSCI, 405-744-5035
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.50
Total Hours: 24 hours
|DHM 1003||Design Theory and Processes for Design and Merchandising||3|
|DHM 1433||Introduction to Apparel Merchandising||3|
|DHM 2423||Technology and Visual Communication for Merchandisers||3|
|DHM 2573||Textiles (LN)||3|
|DHM 3433||Merchandising Strategies in the Retail Sector||3|
|DHM 3553||Profitable Merchandising Analysis||3|
|DHM 3563||Merchandise Acquisition and Allocation||3|
|DHM 3853||Visual Merchandising||3|
- ADP option must complete 19 credit hours in addition to the requirements for their option.
- Acceptance to the minor based upon an overall GPA of 2.0 if less than 31 hours completed; 2.25 if 31-45 hours completed; 2.50 if over 45 hours completed.
- Minimum of “C” required in the prerequisite course ACCT 2003 Survey of Accounting.
- Minimum of "C" required in all minor courses.
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.