Sustainable Design (SD), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2020-2021. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Department of Design, Housing and Merchandising, 431 HSCI, 405-744-5035
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.50
Total Hours: 15 hours
|DHM 1101||Wicked Problems of Industrial Practice||1|
|DHM 4583||Sustainable Design Capstone||3|
|or ARCH 4233||Sustainable Design in Architecture|
|Select 11 hours from the following courses:||11|
|Triple Bottom Line Analysis|
|Biomimicry Industrial Practices|
|Communicating Sustainable Practices|
|Sustainable Materials Flows|
|Local Motive and Supply Chain|
|Ethics for a Sustainable World|
|Sustainable Textile Innovation|
|Life Cycle Analysis in Design and Merchandising|
Only one course from the following may be used:
|The Ethics of the Built Environment (H)|
|Introduction to Landscape Architecture and Landscape Management|
- Acceptance to the minor based upon an overall GPA of 2.0 if less than 31 hours completed; 2.25 if 31-45 hours completed; 2.50 if over 45 hours completed; Minimum of "C" required in all minor courses.
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.