Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2017-2018. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.50
Total Hours: 124
|ENGL 1113||Composition I||3|
|or ENGL 1313|| Critical Analysis and Writing I|
|Critical Analysis and Writing II|
|Survey of American History|
|American History to 1865|
|American History Since 1865|
|POLS 1113||American Government||3|
|PSYC 1113||Introductory Psychology (S)||3|
|Introduction to Cultural Geography (IS)|
|World Regional Geography (IS)|
|Introductory Sociology (S)|
|CTED 4413||Career and Technical Education Practicum I||3|
|CTED 4343||Occupational Analysis and Curriculum Development||3|
|CTED 4673||Current Issues in Career and Technical Education||3|
|CTED 4683||Legal Issues in Career and Technical Education||3|
|CTED 4123||Coordinating Career and Technical Student Organizations and Activities||3|
|CTED 4213||Safety, Organization and Management of Learning Facilities||3|
|CTED 3203||Foundations of Career and Technical Education||3|
|CTED 4103||Instructional Procedures in Career and Technical Education||3|
|SPED 3202||Educating Exceptional Learners (D)||2|
|EPSY 3213||Psychology of Adolescence||3|
|EDTC 3123||Applications of Educational Technologies||3|
|or EDTC 4113|| Applications of Media and Technology|
|CTED 3903||Seminar in Professional Education||3|
|SCFD 3223||Role of Teacher in American Schools (D)||3|
|CTED 4470||Teaching Practicum in Career and Technical Education II||9|
Occupational Experience Option
|CTED 3000||Occupational Experience||24|
Business and Information Technology Option
Health Occupation Education Option
|HHP 4643||School Health and Safety for Physical Educators||3|
|HHP 4723||Assessment in Physical Education||3|
|HLTH 2213||Principles in Health Education and Promotion||3|
|HLTH 3913||Alcohol and Drug Education||3|
|HLTH 2603||Total Wellness (S)||3|
|HLTH 3613||Community Health||3|
|HLTH 3623||School Health Programs||3|
|HLTH 4973||Program Design in Health Education and Promotion||3|
Marketing Education Option
Technology Education Option
|Introduction to Engineering|
|Introduction to Engineering Mathematics|
|Engineering Design with CAD|
|Career Exploration in Human Sciences|
|Manufacturing and Service Systems and Tools I|
|Business Computer Concepts and Applications|
|Introduction to Mechanical Engineering Technology|
|Industrial Computer-Aided Design|
|Engines and Power|
|Metals And Welding|
|Introduction to Wood Properties and Products|
Technical & Industrial Education Option
See NOCTI information above or the transfer of approved technical work in a teaching area.
- 40 hours of upper-division course work.
- Required for graduation and recommendation for Standard Certification:
- 2.50 Overall GPA;
- 2.50 GPA in Major Requirements; and
- 2.50 GPA in Professional Core Requirements.
- The student must earn minimum grades of “C” or “P” in each course in the Major Requirements and Professional Core Requirements and must earn grades of “P” in all sections of observation courses and student teaching for recommendation for Certification.
- Students must demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language at the novice high level from among those languages identified by the Office of Educational Quality and Accountability.
Additional State/OSU Requirements
- At least: 60 hours at a four-year institution; 30 hours completed at OSU; 15 of the final 30 or 50% of the upper-division hours in the major field completed at OSU.
- Limit of: one-half of major course requirements as transfer work; one-fourth of hours earned by correspondence; 8 transfer correspondence hours.
- Students will be held responsible for degree requirements in effect at the time of matriculation and any changes that are made, so long as these changes do not result in semester credit hours being added or do not delay graduation.
- Degrees that follow this plan must be completed by the end of Summer 2023.