Cognitive Science (CSCI), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2018-2019. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Sheila Kennison, 219 NH, 405-744-7335
Total Hours: 27 hours
|Select 27 hours from at least three disciplinary areas:||27|
|Computer Programming (A)|
|Computer Science I (A)|
|Computer Science II|
|Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis I|
|Organization of Programming Languages|
|Artificial Intelligence I|
|Social Issues in Computing|
|Language, Text and Culture (HI)|
|Languages of the World (I)|
|History of the English Language|
|Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages|
|Introduction to Descriptive Linguistics|
|Studies in Linguistics|
|Language in America|
|Business Data Science Technologies|
|Managerial Decision Theory|
|Database Systems Design, Management and Administration|
|Systems Analysis and Design|
|Enterprise Systems and Collaborative Commerce|
|Information Technologies for Electronic Commerce|
|Digital Forensics and Auditing|
|System Certification and Accreditation|
|Decision Support and Business Intelligence Applications|
|Data Communication Systems|
|Symbolic Logic (A)|
|Mathematical Logic and Computability|
|Philosophy Of Mind (H)|
|Philosophy Of Language|
|Philosophy of Biology(H)|
|Metaphysics and Epistemology|
|Neurobiological Psychology (N)|
|Introduction to Cognitive Science (N)|
|Psychology of Learning|
|Psychology of Memory|
|Decision Making and Problem Solving|
|Language Development (S)|
|Elements of Persuasion (S)|
|Intercultural Communication (I)|
|Nonverbal Communication (S)|
- No more than four courses with the same prefix.
- No grade below "C."
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student's declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.