Horticulture (HORT), Minor
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2017-2018. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Total Hours: 23 hours
|SOIL 2124||Fundamentals of Soil Science (N)||4|
|BOT 1404||Plant Biology (LN)||4|
|HORT 1013||Principles of Horticultural Science (LN)||3|
|HORT 3084||Plant Propagation||4|
|Select a minimum of 8 hours of HORT prefix courses excluding 1003, 4671, 4990, 5110; at least three of these hours must be at the 3000-level or above||8|
- No more than one hour of HORT 2010 Internship in Horticulture or Landscape Management may be used for minor.
Additional OSU Requirements
- An undergraduate minor must include between fifteen and thirty hours, inclusive, of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of six credit hours for the minor must be earned in residence at OSU.
- The courses required for a minor may be included in the course requirements for any undergraduate degree or they may be in addition to degree requirements, depending on the overlap between the minor and degree requirements. However, an undergraduate minor must be earned in an academic field other than the student’s declared degree option. The minor may not duplicate the degree major or option (for example, a student who earns a BA in Art with an Art History option may earn a minor in Studio Art but not Art History).
- A student generally follows the minor requirements associated with his or her matriculation year or newer requirements that have been established since matriculation. The time limit for following minor requirements from a given academic year is six years.
For additional information on requirements on minors, click here.