Landscape Management, BSAG
Requirements for Students Matriculating in or before Academic Year 2017-2018. Learn more about University Academic Regulation 3.1.
Minimum Overall Grade Point Average: 2.00
Total Hours: 120
|General Education Requirements|
|See Academic Regulation 3.5|
|ENGL 1113||Composition I||3|
|or ENGL 1313||Critical Analysis and Writing I|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Critical Analysis and Writing II|
|American History & Government|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Survey of American History|
|American History to 1865|
|American History Since 1865|
|POLS 1113||American Government||3|
|Analytical & Quantitative Thought (A)|
|MATH 1583||Applied Geometry and Trigonometry (A) 1||3|
|Courses designated (H)||6|
|Natural Sciences (N)|
|Must include one Laboratory Science (L) course|
|BIOL 1114||Introductory Biology (LN) 1||4|
|or BOT 1404||Plant Biology (LN)|
|CHEM 1314||General Chemistry (LN) 1||4|
|or CHEM 1215||General Chemistry (LN)|
|HORT 1013||Principles of Horticultural Science (LN)||3|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences (S)|
|Course designated (S)||3|
|Additional General Education|
|Courses designated (A), (H), (N), or (S)||6|
|Diversity (D) & International Dimension (I)|
|May be completed in any part of the degree plan|
|Select at least one Diversity (D) course|
|Select at least one International Dimension (I) course|
|Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources|
|AG 1011||First Year Seminar||1|
|AGEC 1113||Introduction to Agricultural Economics (S) 2||3|
|or ECON 2103||Introduction to Microeconomics (S)|
|SOIL 2124||Fundamentals of Soil Science (N)||4|
|Written and Oral Communications|
|ENGL 3323||Technical Writing 3||3|
|or BCOM 3113||Written Communication|
|AGCM 3203||Oral Communications in Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources (S) 2||3|
|or SPCH 3733||Elements of Persuasion (S)|
|ACCT 2103||Financial Accounting||3|
|HORT 2010||Internship in Horticulture or Landscape Management (2 hours)||2|
|or LA 3010||Internship in Landscape Architecture|
|HORT 2513||Herbaceous Plant Materials||3|
|HORT 2613||Woody Plant Materials||3|
|HORT 3153||Turf Management||3|
|HORT 3513||Landscape Irrigation||3|
|HORT 3612||Bidding and Estimating||2|
|LA 2213||Visual Communication I for Landscape Architecture||3|
|LA 2223||Visual Communication II for Landscape Architecture||3|
|LA 2323||Computer-Aided Design||3|
|LA 3315||Studio I: Principles and Theory of Design||5|
|LA 3884||Architectural Construction 1: Site Grading||4|
|LA 4894||Landscape Architectural Construction 3: Materials and Methods||4|
|LSB 3213||Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business||3|
|MKTG 3213||Marketing (S)||3|
|SPAN 3 credits||3|
|Select one emphasis||9|
|Select 0 hours or hours to complete required total for degree|
College & Departmental requirements that may be used to meet GE requirements.
If used as (S) course above, hours in this block are reduced by three.
|ACCT 2203||Managerial Accounting||3|
|or ECON 2203||Introduction to Macroeconomics|
|MGMT 3013||Fundamentals of Management (S)||3|
|MGMT 3123||Managing Behavior and Organizations||3|
|LA 3325||Studio 2: Site Design||5|
|LA 4034||Landscape Planting Design||4|
|Other Studies: Requires study plan approved by adviser, program director, and department head|
- A minimum of 40 semester credit hours and 100 grade points must be earned in courses numbered 3000 or above.
- A 2.00 GPA or higher in upper-division hours.
- A 2.25 GPA or higher is required in courses listed in the Major Requirements column above.
Additional State/OSU Requirements
- At least: 60 hours at a four-year institution; 30 hours completed at OSU; 15 of the final 30 or 50% of the upper-division hours in the major field completed at OSU.
- Limit of: one-half of major course requirements as transfer work; one-fourth of hours earned by correspondence; 8 transfer correspondence hours.
- Students will be held responsible for degree requirements in effect at the time of matriculation and any changes that are made, so long as these changes do not result in semester credit hours being added or do not delay graduation.
- Degrees that follow this plan must be completed by the end of Summer 2023.